Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Shoot.....It's been a while

Well, I have fallen down on the blogging job again.  I guess I got too overwhelmed with Christmas and traveling to update the blog.  Wednesday after work, we headed to my parents house to spend Wednesday night and Thursday for Christmas.  We were supposed to head to Stephenville on Thursday night (Christmas Eve), but the weather had a different plan.  It was Winter Storm 2009.  It was a blizzard.  Snow was blowing everywhere.  We decided to wait until Friday (Christmas Day) to head to Stephenville.  We started our trip and the roads were pretty bad.  All we needed to do was make it to the interstate but that was a pretty hard task on the country roads.  We got to a long hill and almost made it to the top, but we stalled.  There was another truck that was also stuck and someone was pulling them out.  We set there and waited hoping they would pull us off the hill also.  Jerrod got out to help get the first truck unstuck and our pickup started sliding back down the hill.  I yelled at Jerrod and hopped over to the drivers seat and put on the brake.  Luckily we stopped and we put on the parking brake and all was good.  We got pulled off the hill and made it to the interstate.

The roads were ok after that because everything was starting to melt.  We had a very short Christmas lunch in Stephenville and we were back on the road to Dumas.  The roads were pretty good except for between Eastland and Cisco.  They got bad again before we got into Lubbock.  After we got on the interstate in Lubbock, all was clear and we made it safely to Dumas.  I really thought I was going to have a heart attack.  I hate driving on bad roads.  I just don't think it is worth it but we did make it!

Saturday was our trip to Colorado.  We made it without too many problems.  Colton was such a trooper in the car.  He cried a couple of times but he was really, really good!  We skied Sunday and Monday.  It was really nice and clear, but cold.  We went into town Monday night and had a good supper at Lady Falconburgs.  We walked to the Polo Outlet and on our way back we heard some commotion.  Someone actally got run over in the middle of Downtown Durango.  It was crazy but I think the lady was ok.  We had to direct some traffic and then we headed back to the condo.  We decided not to ski on Tuesday and just hung around the condo all day.  It started snowing and it hasn't stopped yet.  We spent a couple of hours in the member's club at the Lodge and watched the skiers come down the mountain.  We went out the ski this morning, but as I said earlier it had snowed all night.  I guess I am a pretty decent skier but I still don't really like a lot of powder.  I came in for lunch and decided to call it a day.  Everyone else went back out for the afternoon.  Colton is taking a nap and I am just watching TV.  One more day of skiing and I think we are going to start heading home on Friday.  I just don't want Colton having to spend 14 hours in the car.  We will see what happens.  Until next time!

No comments: