Wednesday, August 17, 2011

2 Days before little girl arrives......

I'm a ball of difference emotions.  I'm so ready to not be pregnant.  I'm ready to have my body back and to feel like myself again.  I'm ready to meet our little girl and start learning her personality.  However, I'm super nervous about having a girl.  I have always wanted to have a girl, but now that I will have one in 2 days I just don't know how to feel.  I felt the same way when I found out I was having a boy.  I hadn't been around a lot of baby boys, so I didn't know what it would be like.  After having him, I found out it was great.  He is so much fun and I am so used to him now.  I know that a girl is going to be different.  I am more used to being around girls, but I know that one day she will grow up and before a teenager.  I remember how I was as a teenager.  I wasn't a bad teenager, but I know that I was hard to deal with sometimes.  I am sure she will be too.

I'm also having a hard time knowing that Boy C is going to have to deal with having another child around. I think that he is going to be a great big brother.  He seems so excited when we talk about his little sister.  I think he will be such a big 'helper' and want to do everything for her.  I also think we are going to have to make sure that he isn't too rough with her.  Other people think that this is going to be a really tough time for him.  I really hope it isn't.  I hope we have done enough to prepare him for what is ahead.  I know he doesn't completely understand, but hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Surgery is scheduled for Friday.  I think we are all ready, but are not quite sure what to expect just yet.  I know we will all figure it out and our little family will be complete.  I'm so ready to see what the future holds for us!

Here's to a smooth surgery and recovery......

No comments: